View Single Post
Old
10-24-2013, 10:36 AM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 500
In my original DB file with the Penguins, I am experiencing something I never have before. My guys keep getting injured and it's always for like 3+ weeks. Never seen it before. First two years went out in the first round and won the Cup in 08-09 (hahaha). I also figured out the budget thing, you've gotta stay under budget for the budget to increase at the end of the year. I traded Gonchar to clear his salary, then Filip Kuba was put on waivers, so I snagged him and he became 1/2 of my top pair.

Had to trade Dupuis and Kunitz, just aren't good enough in game for my team. Here's my depth chart right now:

Alexandre Picard - Sidney Crosby - Scott Hartnell
Ryan Malone - Evgeni Malkin - Mikhail Grabovski
Matt Stajan - Curtis Brown - Matt Cooke
Matt Pettinger - Max Talbot - Mikael Samuelsson

Brooks Orpik - Derek Morris
Dimitri Kalinin - Paul Martin
Alexei Semenov - Radek Martinek

Antero Niittymaki
Marek Schwarz

I'm probably going to have to trade Malone at the end of this year as his salary will go from $1.8 mil/year to $4 mil/year. I'm in a win-now mode and I'm going to see if I can repeat. Once we got past the second round, we had no more huge long injuries. Grabovski was out all of last year with a torn MCL (8 months) and I've seen Martin out with a broken arm, Crosby and Malkin both out for 3 week periods.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote