View Single Post
Old
10-24-2013, 02:19 PM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
I can't express how much I disagree with you. Josi is a future top pairing Dman, and is a solid #2/3 guy right now. The reason he is expendable has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the fact that we now have Weber and Jones to play on our top pairing, with Klein and Ekholm looking great as a 2nd pairing. In a perfect world, we would keep them all, but we have a surplus at defense and a weakness at forward. So we should make a trade. Josi is "expendable" because he is not the face of the franchise (Weber) or cheaply on an ELC (Jones). Not cause he is a bad player.

He is one of my favorite players, and I fully believe he has #1D potential. Not sure if he will reach it, but he has that potential.

Not a chance, we can do far better than Gagner. Rather just keep Josi.

I totally understand not wanting to deal Eberle for him, he's a great player, which is why I want him. Don't under-rate Josi though.
That's just it, you said Josi is 'expendable'. Which to us means 'value lowered'. Not saying he isn't good, but you are trying to get Eberle, a top 10 RW in the NHL at this moment for a 2-3 top dman who is also playing behind Weber.

The only player we would even consider TALKING about Eberle in the same breath is Weber and we both know that's not going anywhere.