10-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Eye Monster Invictus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxflex View Post
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus
Almost all of Malkins points came when Couturier wasn't on the ice with him. When we've had last change and favorable matchups Malkin was a non factor thanks to Couturier.

OK ok, so he's a Malkin antidote, only in cases where we get last change/favorbale matchups...where has that been getting us really?

The stats (also) show that the team lets up a relatively high amount of goals against (es and pk) when Couturier is on the ice for him to be considered a top defensive forward in the NHL imo. The kid has potential and we've seen flashes, but he has a long way to go before justifying all the lofty talk imo.
What stats? All the stats we've reviewed countless times indicate the stars around the league produce at a markedly lower rate with Couturier on the ice, all while his line manages to move the puck down to the other end. I don't know what you mean about flashes, he has consistently been fantastic defensively.

And with this:

Quote:
OK ok, so he's a Malkin antidote, only in cases where we get last change/favorbale matchups...where has that been getting us really?
What, you mean besides shutting down a superstar player when he's on the ice with them? That seems pretty major to me. It's easier to win when guys like Malkin and Crosby can be silenced, is it not?