View Single Post
Old
10-24-2013, 02:39 PM
SupremeTeam16

vCash: 500
Josi is a good D-man but he benefitted alot from playing with Weber. He also has a concussion that he sustained over 3 weeks ago and hasn't been back on the ice since. That is a little concerning.

Oilers need a guy who is a #1 D-man on his own not a number #1 D-man who is a product of playing with a very strong partner. For a guy like that we would definitely look at packaging a guy like Eberle.

I think what made the Avs/Nords so successful in trading is that they didn't force deals they were patient and waited for the right situation where they could get a quality player for not a huge over payment. You look at the trades for Roy and Bourque they aquired top players for not much at all in the way of assets just because they waited for the right time. They also got really lucky with the Lindros trade.

I think the Oilers need to make some small moves and wait for the right time to pull the trigger on that #1 d-man they covet so much.

In the mean time, I think we need to bring in another solid bottom 6 forward and a goalie to challenge Dub.

For bottom 6 I'd really really like Mac-T to put a call in on Matthias in Florida. I think we could get him for something like Musil/Gernat and a 3rd and he would be a great bottom 6 guy who can play wing or centre and he can even be used in the top 6.

As for goalies, I think either of Svedberg from Boston, Mrazek from Detroit could be targets.