View Single Post
Old
10-24-2013, 02:58 PM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znith View Post
Anyways, I think with Monahan looking like a future #1C Toews type player, that relieves alot of the organizational pressure from drafting Jankowski early. They can afford to leave him in college to develop, and if hes a #2/3 C in the future it wouldn't be a waste of a pick.
I think you make a good point here, I think Monahan also takes pressure off Jankowski. He is no longer being looked at like he needs to develop into a #1 center and that can only help IMO. I haven't been able to see alot of Jankowski games because of NCAA games being very difficult to watch in Canada but in the highlights he shows a great deal of skill and vision. It looks to me like he has the tools to play a game similar to Joe Thornton. If Monahan can develop into a #1 which I believe he will and Jankowski develops into a playmaking #2 center I think the Flames will be in a very good position going forward.

As for Jankowski leaving school early, I just don't see him leaving before he is done at least his 3rd year. Gillies is more likely yo leave college first IMO.