View Single Post
Old
10-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Konk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
How dare you question my integrity.....just kidding, no offence taken. Since the Isles aren't 3-18-3, I haven't been studying up as much as I usually do, shame on me.
It's a good thing and that was my original point, success of the Isles = low draft pick = less interest in the draft from fans overall. I travel a lot throughout North America for work and I have the opportunity to watch a lot of WHL/OHL action, sometimes QMJHL, and not as much NCAA/USHL as I used to, but I do see these kids in person quite a bit so it keeps my interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
What's the deal with Nikolai Goldobin of the Sarnia Sting ? Seems like he's dropped to the lower half of the 1st round. Scored 30 goals and 68 points as a 17 year old in Sarnia.
Well, what I noticed last year was that he was very slight and one-dimensional. I think most of the time these types of smaller, offense-only players start out projected as late 1st/2nd round selections and as the year goes on, they are afforded the opportunity to rise. If Nikolay can show improvement and address some of the concerns about his projectability as a pro I think he'll rise, if not, expect him to be slotted in that range.