View Single Post
Old
10-24-2013, 10:22 PM
JoeCool16

vCash: 500
Quote:
1) when I lace them up, they feel tight around my ankle, I tie them stand up and their too loose. Why? and is there a way to make sure their tight? I know it sounds easy I just cant seem to do it. Do I need to lace up the skates with them on the floor Im assuming
I don't know how you're tying or what feels good or not, but I'd recommend getting wax laces if you own your own skates and aren't renting. They keep the skates much snugger and once you find your comfortable level of tightness, it's easy to get back to it.
Quote:
2) Stopping. The instructor is trying to teach us to stop with both feet going out sideways. It looks kinda silly, but i practice making snow with my blades one foot at a time against the boards, once i start moving, I cant do it. Any tips?
Youtube a video on beginner's stopping, they'll all say pretty much the same thing.

Once you've really got it down on one side (rather than the two-foot snowplow), you'll be able to bring your gliding foot into play as well, turning it into a true hockey stop. Learn how to do this first though, then ask your instructor/search out a video for how to stop on your outside edge (which is what you'll be stopping on on the other foot).

JoeCool16 is online now   Reply With Quote