View Single Post
10-25-2013, 04:14 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Savant View Post
snipped a bit here...

1. Would move Staal instead of McDonagh. I think McDonagh is the only defender that we have that we can be confident now and in the future as a Ranger. Other than that I agree.
But do you get a proper return for him? He has a bit of a history, and his recent play is definitely a result of him barely playing like since 2010...

I do however think that if you -- threw -- Staal to the wolfs, you had your back against the wall and where forced to play him 25 minutes a night, he would come back to normal alot faster than now. We don't get any continuity while rolling 3 D-pairings. Really bumping the time now for a selected 4 would help.

In the end, I am a bit indiffrent. We would need to get a great return for whom ever of the two we moves, so the team we deal with would probably have the say.

2. Would deal MDZ instead of Moore all day but yes.

3. Would definitely look to move Girardi as well as an upcoming UFA to replenish some assets.
The only reason I am hesitant to move Girardi is because of his value in the locker-room. It just seems that he more valuble to us than his value on the trade market. But you never know, if some team put a great player on the table for Girardi, maybe we should listen.

Last edited by Ola: 10-25-2013 at 06:40 AM.