View Single Post
Old
12-11-2006, 04:40 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pc_md View Post
I don't agree. I'm sure Timmins won't spend a first pick to get another goalie, but a second or third round pick would not be a bad idea.

When the 2007 drafted goalie will play in the NHL, it will be 2011-2012. In 2012, Huet and Aebisher will be enjoying their retreat with a glass of wine somewhere in France ... So take those two off your list...

Desjardins is an undrafted LHJMQ goalie (the most scouted league for goalies) and his chances to reach NHL are ... well you know... He should not be a factor in your draft decision.

Yann Danis' ugly play this year after two AHL american all star games and the fact that he's already 25 (so not a prospect anymore) tell us two facts :
1- He is not a sure shot
2- He is 7 years older than the 2007 goalie, which means, in terms of prospect gestion, that they are two different generation...
Add to this the fact that he will be a UFA next season and with Price in the system, I'm not sure he will choose Mtl...
Yann should not be a factor.

So the ''real'' list is :

Jaroslav ''surprise'' Halak
Carey '' future number one'' Price

An organization needs at least two goalies they can rely on in their prospect system and we all know that injuries (Dan Blackburn ?), car accident, personnel problems, depression can happen. Another young goalie would not be too much IMO.
Ok, I'll agree, but I'm just thinking about the next 2 years...

It's always possible that the Habs will draft a goalie in the 2nd round or 3rd round...
We'll see!! (then again we can always say that...but we wouldn't have anything to "hockey" chit-chat about).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 12-11-2006 at 05:06 AM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote