Thread: Post-Game Talk: Game 10: Nashville @ Minnesota
View Single Post
Old
10-25-2013, 11:35 AM
INDhockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I agreed with sitting Forsberg the other night, as well as protecting his minutes when he doesn't make the basic defensive zone plays. Sitting Stalberg is dumb. I get Trotz is trying to motivate him, but last night was not the night to do it. Although it is hard to argue with 2 points. I expect him in on Saturday.
Trotz played Spaling last night because it was Fisher's first game back and he wasn't sure how much he'd be able to play. He wanted to make sure he had a PK guy and center if Fish had to cut his minutes. Hendricks role is to be 4th line and PK. FF and Stalberg don't fill that role. When Fisher was out Hendricks wasn't getting scratched because of the PK. When healthy if there is a choice it is between Hendricks and Spaling not Hendricks and FF or Stalberg.

The reason Stalberg has been on the 4th line is because of how well Bourque, Smith, and Nystrom have played. Bourque and Smith have taken his winger spot in the top 6. No way is Trotz splitting up our best line. If Stalberg gets a top 6 chance Wilson would have to be the guy he'd replace. Otherwise he's playing 3rd of 4th line. I expect Stalberg to play Saturday where I have no idea.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote