View Single Post
Old
10-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
So you can guarantee that Morrissey, Pulock, Zadorov and Theodore will be better than Morin? And that Brodin and Hamilton in fifteen years will have had better careers than Couts?
Can I guarantee it? Of course not. Nobody can. Morrissey could break his neck tomorrow in a game and retire. But I am willing to bet that at least 3 of the 4 have better careers than Samuel Morin. I can also say with certainty that all 4 of those other defenseman have more skill and upside than Sam Morin. Could Morin end up the best of the bunch? Of course. I don't think he will though.

And yes, I will bet my life that Hamilton and Brodin (if healthy) have better careers than Sean Couturier. Brodin is ALREADY a top-pairing defenseman with great two-way skills. Hamilton has the skating, size and skills to be a top-pairing (and scoring) defenseman in the mold of Chara. He has struggled but has shown flashes of greatness.

If Couturier hits his peak, he is what..... one of the best 3rd line, checking centers in the league who can put up 45-55 points? Yes, Brodin and Hamilton will be better. I'll make that proclamation with ease.