Thread: Post-Game Talk: Game 10: Nashville @ Minnesota
View Single Post
10-25-2013, 12:54 PM
Iron Duke
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Persona5 View Post
After watching every game so far this season and how our players are playing this is how I would line up our forwards.

Scratch Clune or Spaling depending on needs for the game and send Forsberg to the AHL to get some ice time and to work on gaining some mass.

The Wilson-Fisher-Hornqvist line has looked good all season when they are healthy. They are playing against tops lines and still producing some points here and there. Fisher drives the line along with Hornqvist shooting everything that touches his stick on net. Once Wilson really gets going this line could really take off.

The Bourque-Cullen-Smith has been our best line this season. The thing is Bourque really hasn't played that well on it imo. I would put Stalberg alongside the Cullen/Smith show and see how that speed works alongside two other players with speed. I really think the line could use the big body as well.

The Forsberg-Legwand-Nystrom line hasn't really done all that much. I really think Forsberg needs some time to develop physically and last season Bourque played really well with Legwand putting up a career high in goals. Nystrom would be a solid winger for them and a big body on that line along with the fact that he and Legwand have looked good together.

The 4th line is what it is. A solid mix of role players who can grind it out. Spaling played his best hockey this season in that role with Goose and Hendricks. They actually looked like a really good 4th line together. Would love to see them back together.
I think I still want to see Forsberg get some more games in before making that kind of decision on him (up til game 20 maybe?), but I am otherwise in agreement with you. Clune will mix in on the 4th as well, and Spaling will occasionally push up in the lineup depending on the circumstances.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote