View Single Post
10-25-2013, 02:17 PM
HFBoards Partner
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Originally Posted by Chino Oscar View Post
What exactly in Upshall's career made anyone think he was brought here for scoring / racking up points? That is not his game.

I will be the first one to agree that he has underperformed his contract, but to go as far as saying he hasn't done anything just shows that you are basing your observations just on the scoresheet.

He is playing 4th line minutes and at the very least you can count on that line to always bring effort and energy to the game. If you are expecting him to score more on that role, good luck.
I do not understand your hard-on for Upshall. I just can't comprehend it.

We've seen a kid who hasn't play in the NHL for 2 years come right into our roster and show way more than Upshall has in his 2+years year (talking about Uncle Jesse).

He's a 4th liner. If he was playing better, he'd be on a better line. It's that simple. I never said he doesn't put in the effort. I also never said I was expecting him to score a lot. But 6 goals as a Panther? Seriously?

He's a liability offensively. He kills plays. He shoots the puck so damn wide it rips around the boards and comes out almost every time. He's a great energy guy for the playoffs, but if we're talking about Bergy coming back from injury, well that's a big upgrade over Upshall.

Trust me, I loved the Upshall signing at the time. Yah the money was a bit high but I saw what this guy could bring to the table. So far, he hasn't really brought it here in Florida. I know injuries have hampered his progress here but this team isn't going to sit around and wait for Scottie Upshall to find his game again. At least last season he was throwing big hits. Even that seems to have left his repertoire.

At this point, the only player I would play Upshall over on our roster would be Barch. I would love to hear your reasoning otherwise. And don't give me that BS "he plays on the 4th line what do you expect" nonsense. So does Matthias, so does Winchester. I see a LOT more effort and contribution to this team from them than from Upshall.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote