View Single Post
Old
10-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Marcel Dionne was the type of player if his team was down 5 to 0 he would be waiting at center ice for a cup to get an easy goal.Marcel cared for himself more than team that what a type of player he was.I would rather have Gilbert Perrault any time of the day.Many of his pts were when game was out of hand.The player I felt sorry for was Rogy Vachon who should be in Hall.I was at a game in 1981 at Pacific Gardens in Vancouver and throughout the game Dionne was cheating througout game waiting at center ice and the crowd was laughing at him and calliing him names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
Just my opinion, but this is a load of crap.
Indeed so Mr.Bonvie. To suggest Marcel Dionne was essentially a Goal Suck is a rather odious statement to be making. The guy won the Lester Pearson Trophy twice over his 18yr career, a Trophy voted on by his peers, the players themselves as league MVP. They certainly wouldnt be voting for anyone who cruised high, refused to backcheck, a Glory Boy. He had the misfortune of being drafted by the Wings at a time in their history when you had the Darkness that was Harkness, a revolving door of players & coaches, 4yrs of nonsense endured before winding up in LA.... there too, lack of depth beyond really his line & Vachon who nightly stood on his head, travel at that time very hard on LA, very little practice time available to even work on anything. Then that fiasco with Pat Quinn over the Vancouver Canucks Coaching job, just on & on. Next stop NYC where so many of the greats wound down their career. Suffered from the "Lafleur Syndrome" throughout his career, from Pee Wee on up really. "Who was better, who would go #1 in their Draft Year"? and so on & so forth and that carried right on through the 70's.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote