View Single Post
Old
10-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Moose Coleman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
No, not when I watch the Sens last year lose their norris trophy D man, their best forward and their #1 goalie all year and make the playoffs. Or when I watch teams like Pheonix or Nashville for years be competitive or make the playoffs with way less talent. You'd think that once, just once in 6 or more years the Oilers would be able to over come anything. They can't.
So you're mad at the Oilers for not being outliers. Weird.

Quote:
lol, 3-7-1 and being like 4th last in the league and being potentially out of the playoffs by the 25 game mark is not disappointing?
Its disappointing. It's not a huge shock either. Did you have this team pegged for a Cup contender or something?

Quote:
Just when are the Oilers going to make the playoffs. I know it's a totally moving target for the apologists but you'd think sooner or later one of them would have to nut up and make a guess.
I dunno how having realistic expectations of a rebuilding team that's just starting to take its first steps back makes one an apologist exactly, but if throwing that kind of terminology around makes you feel better, go nuts.

As for making the playoffs, I think they are a number one d-man away from being able to achieve that goal. I don't think this is that year, but I expect them to be in the mix before the end of the season.