Old
10-25-2013, 04:44 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
I have a much different impression.

With the Oilers, historically, and with this club, they bring out their best efforts against better clubs win or lose. So in matchups like this I not only see the most entertaning opponent club I have a much higher probability of seeing the Oilers play at their best. I love games like this. (having said that I realize SJ has spanked us a few times but all the more reason to expect the Oilers players to realize they have to bring it to avoid embarrassment)
For instance the best game this year was likely the Pittsburgh game. Because the Oilers, even stated, were playing to avoid being embarrassed. Actual quote, a mirror on whats wrong with this club and troubling.

I would absolutely hate to attend any game with Columbus, Nashville, Dallas, Calgary, etc where the oil play down to their opponent.
Games I'm attending: Washington last night, Columbus in November, San Jose in March.

Love the Sharks, really looking forward to the game. I agree, other than I think one something like 4-1 loss to the Sharks a while back we're generally pretty competitive.