View Single Post
Old
10-25-2013, 06:05 PM
beef 4 lunch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Disagree. You don't fire a coach who has gone to the ECF and 2nd round of playoffs in consecutive years and replace him with the idea that you are going to take a step back when the roster is by and large the same. The injuries certainly hasn't helped but I don't think it's a bad roster. I'm not so sure how it fits into AV's system.
If there was some master plan for a new coach to take us over the hump, why trade our best scorer? Because he didn't mesh well with Torts. Torts was forced out by the players, and i dont think Sather intended on firing torts until he heard from his big players.

And this roster is bad. there are good players but overall, they are where they belong.

Quote:
The Rangers made a big-time trade to add Rick Nash who was supposed to be the final, missing piece. They had a disappointing season but still managed to make the playoffs and win a round. The GM constantly (and sometimes insanely) says that goal of the team is to win the Stanley Cup. You don't hire a coach who then gives you a 2-3 year plan. If for no other reason than that's not the way Sather operates.
Disagree. A more ridiculous suggestion is to think the Glen is simple minded enough to think that a new coach would take this roster to the Stanley Cup the first year. or the AV would be so bold as to promise that he could do that.

Quote:
Nope. You hire a coach who will mesh well with the current personnel. Or the coach needs to adapt to the players he has.Tortorella coached differently when he didn't have a Vincent Lecavalier, Martin St. Louis or Dan Boyle on his roster. The bar has been raised. Any thought that Glen Sather's plan was to take a step back this season is pure folly.
That is not why you hire a coach. Don't you expect PLAYERS to adapt to the COACH? or the coach has the authority to bring players that play a style. Glen said that the rangers were unwatchable. AV style was supposed to address that, let him get the players he needs and implement the system.

beef 4 lunch is offline   Reply With Quote