View Single Post
Old
12-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perogieboy View Post
Being in Edmonton I got a good look at what the city thought of the Oilers before the season. Honestly, some of their expectations of some of the players was very inflated. Pisani for instance, after his playoff run everyone was expecting a 30 goal year (and from the third line). Expectations of Stoll were really high as well. I actually expected more out of Lupul, but there is another where expectations vastly exceeded performance.

I do have to say though that I am impressed with Lombardi this year. I was afraid he was going to be one of those "lifelong potential" kind of guys.

I'd better be careful with my expectations, though. He's not going to win the Art Ross
i was with you in regards to lombardi... i didnt think he had it in him... i also didnt think obasew could start putting up assists... it seems as if a new coach might have been just as important as the acquisition of tanguay... it seems players are playing different types of roles this year... Iginla isnt the guy who is going to score 10 more goals than assists this year... he is currently on pace for about 50 goals and 50 assists (slightly lower for goals and slightly higher for assists)... Lombardi is scoring at nearly the same clip he is setting them up... Huselius has been hot for more than just a handful of games... maybe this really is the place for him (again i was saying no he couldnt do it)... Kobasew while not scoring at the clip any flame fan expected... he is 1 assists from matching his career high already... not to mention how his defensive game has improved by leaps and bounds... Langkow is even proving to be more of a playmaker than i thought he had in him... he is really flourishing between iggy and tangs

people can say what they want about this team and their scoring... while i readily agree that we could use alot more scoring from lines 3 & 4... 5 of our top 6 forwards are on pace to break career highs in points... and all 6 are on pace to set career highs in assists... to me that says there has been a major change in the philosophy of this teams offense