View Single Post
Old
10-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Same old Caps

vCash: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Honestly, don't even bother with your wrist shot... It is a clunky, slow shot that I haven't used in maybe 20 years
I disagree. While the snapshot is a better option when close to the net because of the pressure from the defenders and the deceptive nature of the shot's release, the wrist shot is not useless at all. In fact, there are some situations on the ice that require to use a wrist shot instead of a snapper, for instance when the goalie is not screened, set for the shot and no pressure received. The extra power and accuracy put into the shot by flexing even more the stick may make the difference.

I can't recall the last time I scored on a snapshot from 35+ feet out, but I remember hitting the crossbar from the blue line this past sunday with a wrist shot.

Bottom line is, a great goal scorer needs to have every kind of shot in his arsenal, and know when to use a specific shot. Start off by practicing your wrist roll a lot on your wrist shot, then move on to the snap shot, which is more advanced because it requires to be able to load the stick quickly AND roll the wrist in the follow through.
Hope it helps

Eazy for Kuzy is offline   Reply With Quote