View Single Post
Old
12-11-2006, 03:54 PM
OptimismRestrainer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
True, but we've been pretty terrible at 5 on 3s lately, and the Ducks really worked well on the penalty kill.

I agree. Boyle should have cancelled him out, but Denis should have hugged that post for dear life. It's much more Denis' fault than Boyle's. A shot from behind the net should have ended up in the goal. Boyle took him enough out of the play not to get a clear shot on goal. It was Denis' fault.

Okay look, I'll agree that Denis should have held the post, no doubt about it. But if Boyle had played him the right way it wouldn't have mattered and we never would have known that he didn't have the post. How many times have we seen that same play and a guy circles around the net and gets of a decent centering pass? My point was this team does not finish their checks. There was no one else back there. Had Danny finished the damn check he probably could have skated away with the puck. But you guys just keep blaming pathetic fundemental defense on the goalie, go ahead.

Should Denis have had the post? Yes. But it shouldn't have come to that. And how many times this year has our goaltending bailed out our pathetic fundemental defense? We never talk about how the defense bailed the goaltending out, do we now?