View Single Post
Old
10-26-2013, 11:00 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
One thing Ive noticed from these 2 guys, when they start hitting people, I mean really hitting people, they get more involved in all aspects of the game. It seems to get their juices flowing. When theyre trying to be skilled Datyukian players, they epic fail. The best games ive seen these guys play have almost always included a big hit or two early in the game to get them going...and I'm not talking about just a regular old check, Im talking a big time hit that puts a guy on his ass.

Inferno, I think you made a mistake saying they need to play "mean." I would have said something more to the effect of "play physical" or "play with an edge" or "take the play to the other team". Mean always introduces the stupid old violence, beat 'em up crap.

I do agree that both players play better when they're taking the body and would love to see both doing it more. Having said that, some of that comes with being more in sync - being locked in to the point where you are anticipating the play and you're coming to the guy with the puck and in position to hit him at the right time and not a second too late. Kreider I think can initiate more if he would just stop freakin' thinking about the game and play it. For Step, he needs to get his timing right - I think missing training camp is having an impact on him here.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote