View Single Post
Old
10-26-2013, 11:34 AM
OCTA8ON

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
It doesn't mean there aren't individual players on other lines doing well like Sobotka and Schwartz particularly (no, Stewart is not doing well, sorry, he's tangential to the team's 5-1-2 record). Roy, for example, was paying homage to his complete disappearance for the Canucks in last year's playoffs. Morrow is very meh.

Anyhow, I'm not the only one who thinks the 2d and 3d lines AS LINES are not working. Look at the percentage of the points being scored by that top line. The top line carried the team to its 5-1-2 start. It doesn't mean everyone else is terrible individually, it just means they aren't getting it done as lines. So if the Backes line stops producing, yes, the team is in trouble at the rate the other lines are producing.
I suppose I see where you're coming from. Regarding Stewart, I was just saying that last night he was all over the place, not overall this season. I think a big part of that was the line he was playing on. Morrow is too slow to play with Stewart, plain and simple. Roy is not as good as advertised, plain and simple. I don't think its any coincidence that the moment Stewart is moved up to play with Bergy and Schwartz, he turns into a standout player like last night. Only time will affect that certainty though. I'll give it another 3 games.