View Single Post
Old
10-26-2013, 12:44 PM
ThirdManIn
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Vorachek's scoring clip last year was better than anyone we've had in SIX years. Have to go back to Arnott of '07 to find a matching pace (not better). So I don't think it's fair to him to lump him with everyone else. Granted, he's no Sidney Crosby-- we won't get an elite forward unless we are trading Weber and/or Jones.

What if Josi is going to be plagued by concussions for big parts of his career? How much his 30 million dollar contract is insured?

I don't know the answers to the questions. But if there's even some legitimate concern over Josi's future health, we should deal him while we can-- especially now with Jones in the picture. We've seen too many of our valuable assets go to zero for various reasons.
What if Voracek suddenly has a couple of concussions? Or just one that is severe enough to end his career? The "what if" game goes all sorts of ways.

My issue with giving up Josi for Voracek right now is we will be relying on Jones and Ekholm to continue playing just as they have been. I hope that we are in a position to trade Josi simply because it means we are once against stacked on the blueline, but doing so right now to try to fix the offense is a pretty big risk. Honestly, I don't even think Voracek would thrive here, and despite his great half of a season last year he isn't proven to be anything more than a 50 point player yet. His career scoring is a bit lower than Martin Erat's. Would anyone here trade Josi for Erat?

Also, the proposal to send Josi+ to Philly for Voracek and Mezaros wouldn't work. We are taking back entirely too much salary. Cap issues kill that deal.