View Single Post
Old
10-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
By watching him of course however that's wasn't my point which I put across rather poorly. Is his theory based on the advanced stats numbers (ie corsi/fenwick/whatever the new flavor of the month is) that he's seeing after jotting it down and reviewing it. Or because he feels that Klefbom will be able to do things at the next level soon because he thinks the game fast enough and is big enough/strong enough to transition to the NHL game?
Who knows. I'd imagine it's a bit of both. Willis is obviously a numbers guy, but the eyes don't lie and he's down there watching them.

Contrast that with what bewbies has said and we have a pretty good correlation between their two reports across players. They do differ on Klefbom. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Klefbom and Fedun are playing some heavy defensive minutes (Willi's zone start data says as much), which may make it more difficult to see Klefbom good. The things we know (skating, ruggish good looks) are there. Turnovers and positiong (what bewbie's is saying) are concerning cause that's not what we've known from Klefbom.

I think it'd benefit Klefbom and the Oilers to keep him down in OKC playing some heavy minutes for as long as we can.

It'd also be trying to give Marincin a push on the PP... try and artificially (or organically!) pump those numbers up.