Old
10-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Both sides of the argument for Vinny have been made. I can't help but think he would help the current train wreck for the reasons stated but if all he does is help move you down the draft list then what has been gained? Similar arguments the Jackets fans had the past two years. So far it doesn't look like we miss him a whole bunch but if he were playing I'm sure he would have produced.

He is probably a 40 pt guy but he is slow and appeared to be tiring out towards the end of last year's shortened season. But he is a good room guy and could possibly help from that point.

He's not the end all solution but for a one year deal at 2 mill or so is probably worth a shot.
He was slow, done, tiring out 2 years ago (i thought the same thing) yet he put up 2 good seasons after that.

With the injuries up front, its a move that might be smart.

Or we could keep playing Miller and Fast and watch them do nothing to warrant being with the big club other than there being no other options.

But they are young and home grown so they could do everything wrong and some people will still sing their praises.

Hire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote