Thread: Speculation: Voracek
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2013, 02:01 PM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
What if Voracek suddenly has a couple of concussions? Or just one that is severe enough to end his career? The "what if" game goes all sorts of ways.

My issue with giving up Josi for Voracek right now is we will be relying on Jones and Ekholm to continue playing just as they have been. I hope that we are in a position to trade Josi simply because it means we are once against stacked on the blueline, but doing so right now to try to fix the offense is a pretty big risk. Honestly, I don't even think Voracek would thrive here, and despite his great half of a season last year he isn't proven to be anything more than a 50 point player yet. His career scoring is a bit lower than Martin Erat's. Would anyone here trade Josi for Erat?

Also, the proposal to send Josi+ to Philly for Voracek and Mezaros wouldn't work. We are taking back entirely too much salary. Cap issues kill that deal.
I see what your saying about putting a hole on the defense by trading josi, but we are playing great without him now. And if we did make this move, then we could move one of our forwards to bring back a top four defenseman. But comparing voracek to erat is not fair because erat is like ten years older, voracek has way more potential.

If meszaros brings back to much cap hit for us we can always look into read, grossman, etc as other possible returns from Philly for dmen.

Someone said we should trade josi with a first and a too prospect to get a top three guy. Well my question is who are you going to get? And who's available.
I think josi vs voracek is fairly even and this way we save a top prospect and first round pick.

I really think voracek develops into a 70 point guy at least. He has so many tools and is a big dude. He would be the centrepiece of our offense.

maplepred is online now   Reply With Quote