View Single Post
Old
10-26-2013, 07:54 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Absolutely, the last Washington game was an example of needing our goalie to make a big save and not being able to. No argument here.

Our D doesn't make it any better though. Bad defensive coverage giving up quality shots against a shakey goalie. If that isn't a recipe that ends up in a team giving up an average of 4 GA...oh.

Spend some assets and fix both.

What I'm scared of is if we continue to suck, MacT might become more hesitant to trade the 1st round pick if it's projected top-5.
The defensive coverage hasn't been great, I agree. But the difference on a lot of the losses this season has been a single save.

Winnipeg, Toronto, Pittsburgh, Islanders, and now this game. That's 5 games we've lost by a single goal. Granted Dubnyk played well in the Islanders game so I don't blame him, but the others we could've salvaged points if the goaltender made one extra save.

The Coyotes in this game had numerous defensive breakdowns and we took advantage. The problem is they couldn't rely on their own goalie.

I can understand if we get outplayed or outtalented and lose. But more often than not this team has deserved a better fate. This game was another example, we should've at least had a point.

Eventually the players are going to wonder what it's going to take to get a win when they can't rely on their goaltending to do anything.

At the very least Dubnyk seems to have turned a corner, but I think LaBarbera's time has run out.