Thread: Prospect Info: OKC Barons 2013/14
View Single Post
Old
10-26-2013, 09:15 PM
tiger_80

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
Who knows. I'd imagine it's a bit of both. Willis is obviously a numbers guy, but the eyes don't lie and he's down there watching them.

Contrast that with what bewbies has said and we have a pretty good correlation between their two reports across players. They do differ on Klefbom. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Klefbom and Fedun are playing some heavy defensive minutes (Willi's zone start data says as much), which may make it more difficult to see Klefbom good. The things we know (skating, ruggish good looks) are there. Turnovers and positiong (what bewbie's is saying) are concerning cause that's not what we've known from Klefbom.

I think it'd benefit Klefbom and the Oilers to keep him down in OKC playing some heavy minutes for as long as we can.

It'd also be trying to give Marincin a push on the PP... try and artificially (or organically!) pump those numbers up.
One thing, of concern, that none of the highly touted d prospects seem to be putting up offensive numbers (Klefbom, Marincin). Granted it is still early, but I think we might be disappointed with what they end up in the NHL. Hopefully, Klefbom at least becomes a legitimate top 4 option. I think it's a high order to expect him to become an elite shutdown No.2 guy he was once billed to be. If any of Marincin, Musil, Gernat, Davidson become everyday NHLers, i guess, that should be considered a success given this club's drafting and development.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote