View Single Post
Old
10-27-2013, 10:51 AM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Vasiliev is really becoming pretty interesting in my mind... he is playing as the number 5 D man for Spartak on a regular basis now getting 15 mins a game in the KHL, and some games plays #4.

I hate +/-... but he has the joint best on the defence for them. He only has 1 point in 16 games... but tbh the whole Spartak team is not putting up points, and he in not projected to ever play a role where points are a part of his game.

Guys definitely ahead of him on D:

Deron Quint
Denis Bodrov
Andrei Sergeyev (Played in WJC a few years ago)

Considering Quint proved he was a pretty decent NHL D man, and Bodrov was pretty damn good in the AHL, enough for the Flyers to offer him a contract (which for all intents and purposes he would have signed if not for having a kid he did not want to move to Glenn Falls!)

Just hope Bodrov and Zherdev don't put him off coming over to the US! ;p

He should be on the WJC team if he keeps up the solid play. He played regularly in the evaluation camps, and seemingly many think he will be on the second pairing.

In my mind Andrei Mironov and Pavel Koledov may be the only locks on the defence. (both were there last year, Mironov playing well in KHL.) But after them Vasiliev may be next on the list.

But I don't follow anything but KHL in Russia (and even then not regularly, just the odd game and stat check every now and then), so there could be some kids lighting up the MHL that I have no clue on.

Vasiliev is also one of only 6 D men under 20 playing regularly in the KHL...
Thanks for the update.

Last I heard he was gonna play another two (?) years in the KHL before coming over to NA. I don't remember where I heard that though.