Old
10-27-2013, 11:15 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
No its not.

After a fist fight its usually over.

Now its guys coming back with guns and ****.

Big difference.
I was born in 1957 and it may be that Mr. Atoz is a lot younger. I was very young when the likes of JFK, RFK and MLK were being murdered. There was a lot of anger in the 60's. People who weren't alive then read about it in the history books which is great but it misses a bit of what was actually happening.

From my parents generation (the part that I miss a bit of) they both came out of the depression--my dad's father who was dead before I was even born worked for the Post Office--he was a WWI vet--he always had a job. My grandfather on my mother's side was a veteran too (funny how many veterans there used to be--like just about 85% of the male population) but struggled throughout those years--sometimes working and sometimes not for an industrial firm that built fire trucks. My dad was a WWII vet--in the Pacific with the Marine Corps--purple heart--the whole nine yards and then he went back for Korea. He dug ditches and sewer lines with a shovel for the city between the wars. After Korea he became a prison guard. He had some ideas that would really be out there these days. I don't happen to agree with a lot of those views but he was by no means stupid--he was a very well read prison guard. There was never a day that he was not reading a book.