Thread: Speculation: Voracek
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2013, 01:51 PM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Not one that the Preds can afford to get rid of without ending up weaker in the bargain.

EDIT: And, of course, this is still blithely assuming Voracek would be acquirable at all.
I don't understand what you mean.

Example: we trade josi for voracek
Then
We trade say bourque/fisher/Cullen (examples) and get a top 4 defenseman back.

So hypothetically we would lose josi and a top six forward and in return we would get voracek and a top four dman.

With jones, weber, Klein, ekholm, and a newly acquired top four dman our defense is still very impressive. But more importantly, we finally have a young offensive weapon that has proven what he is capable of in the NHL and we can build the offense around him and forsberg and hopefully even Wilson.

Our defense is simply awesome currently, but our offense is just brutal. So making these two moves would make a ton of sense, as long as we could find a team wanting one of our current top six forwards for a top four dman. Which I'm sure we can find. It's not exactly a where's Waldo search lol.

Still having Klein, weber, jones and the new guy in our top is pretty damn solid! And would make us more of a contender now that we can finally score. Imagine being down by one goal in a playoff game with a minute left and bring able to have voracek and forsberg out there, rather than fisher and forsberg. Or any other forward we have and forsberg. I like the sounds of that.

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote