Old
10-27-2013, 01:22 PM
ManByng
It's Me OilTastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
Buffalo says otherwise on the 1st overall slot
But given Buffalo's last draft selection of 2 d men, I believe they go with a foward with that 1st overall selection. IMO, there is no way any team finish's behind Buffalo, they look that lost and young right now, and once Vanek is moved, I see Buffalo with the 1st overall selection in 2015 as well, hello Connor McDavid
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfan View Post
BPA at 1st overall though. It may be Reinhart in the end, but if the draft were today, I'd have to have any team, select Ekblad.

Buffalo could, but these teams could as well: Calgary, Colorado, Columbus, Florida, New Jersey and Phoenix in my opinion.

Ekblad and McDavid would be nicer
Buffalo is the worst team in the NHL right now, and if they were to draft #1 overall this year, if I were GM, i'd take Ekblad and here's why. Ristolainen, Zadorov, Pysyk, Jake McCabe, McNabb....all give the Sabres some great future depth for their NHL roster, but I don't think any of these guys would produce NHL points like Ekblad will, and if the Sabres played their cards right, they could have a top d-man in Ekblad and suck enough to get an apparent generational talent in Connor McDavid 1st overall the next year in 2015.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote