Old
01-19-2004, 01:36 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

vCash: 500
la times, frolov, and some optimism

looks like mike bresnahan is as into frolov as we all are:
Quote:
Quite simply, Frolov's one-on-one play, one of the best individual efforts on the team this season, earned the Kings the victory.
With the score tied, 1-1, and momentum blowing in the direction of the Blackhawks, Frolov turned defenseman Johnathan Aitken inside-out at the right circle and beat Craig Anderson through the pads with a forehand after faking a backhand in front of the crease.
good stuff.

i was looking at our game log last night and noticed that the kings have only gone multiple games without earning a point twice this season: one two-game losing streak and one three-game losing streak. that's pretty awesome, espeically when they just snapped a 14-game winless streak. furthermore, at 1-3-9-2 in the last 15, two more wins in a row (unlikely i know, but whatever) would bring the record up to .500 over the last 17. not too shabby.

obviously, losing palffy and straka will make it extremely difficult for this team to make the playoffs. however, i think that it has made the team play much better as a whole, and they've begun to play together as well as they did before the winless streak. i honestly think that the playoffs are a realistic goal, especially if miller gets back and helps solidify the defense.