View Single Post
Old
10-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
I just want to say that for a good seven years I attended every Kings game rooting against them. They sucked and I loved hockey too much to root for the crap product they were putting on the ice. I wore the other team's jersey to every game, and it wasn't until Doughty was drafted, Quick was installed, and Kopitar began to show his promise that I could stand rooting for those clowns.

Now, I'm a season seat holder for the Preds and while I think it's the most boring hockey I've ever had to endure (and I was a regular attendee at Devils games while living in NYC), I am too busy getting into the potential of Jones and Forsberg to go completely off the deep end.

However, this team is painful to watch. No transition game, no board work, and generally way too easy to play against. I'm praying for miracles, but I see no end in sight.
Those were some sad days NT. My love of the team just hasn't been the same since that stretch. Couldn't respect an organization that was content to just pack it in and accept non-competition like that, despite the success that has come out of it.