View Single Post
Old
10-27-2013, 05:29 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I predict that Petes centre Eric Cornel will start getting mentioned in this thread very soon. The former third overall pick in the OHL draft had an awful rookie year last season, but something clicked this season. He's tied for first in Petes scoring with Nick Ritchie with 12 points and has taken a massive step up this season. At 6'2", he's got a good frame, but his best quality is his vision. He's just a terrific playmaker and he can make some incredible passes.

Cornel still has a ways to go though. There's a lot he has to improve upon (skating, physicality, defence, etc.) as he is quite raw, but there's lots of good tools there. Probably third rounder or so right now, but there's a very good chance he'll rise up the rankings.
I have already mentioned Eric on the last page of this thread and believe he would make a great draft pick as we speak here. He's only going to improve with the experience gained playing in the OHL, the OHL being the acknowledged best Junior league in the world.

Brendan Perlini's play this year has been outstanding offensively, there are many good if not great draft picks available this season IMO. The 2014 Entry Draft could rival last year for depth, I'm thinking at this point well into the 3rd round with the possibility of many in the early 4th round by the end of the year.

The quality in the 1st round improving already but not yet close to last season's top fifteen or twenty. Only time can tell that story, but many power forwards coming out of this draft LW's in abundance, and character being the strong suit of high end players.

When it's apparent the draft is strong in one type or position like this, sometimes players like Daniel Audette are overlooked. Perhaps Timmins et al can steal another like Lehkonen last year, or a defenceman like Middleton in the 2nd. Wherever the Habs finish there should be quality players into the 3rd and they will take the BPA.