View Single Post
Old
10-27-2013, 07:40 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
I'm talking two to three seasons from now. Once Ekholm solidifies himself as a top 4 guy, can't forget that he's in the top 4 in rookie TOI either, we can afford to move someone. Josi might make the most sense when that happens, Weber will be in his prime, and Jones will be breaking out while Klein is Klein the whole time.

Josi, if he continues playing at the level he was at, would probably bring in a great young forward like Vorachek, or one of the Edmonton kids, while Ekholm, Bartley, Ellis, whoever we have in 2-3 years gets a lesser forward or a boom or bust prospect project.

Now, I'm not saying we trade him off now, or as soon as he gets back, but in the future his name might make the most sense.
Ekholm is getting that ice time out of necessity, not because he is a top 4 d-man. Injuries and a lack of organizational depth on the blueline now have him playing a pairing higher than he should. Of 31 goals allowed by the Preds, Ekholm was on the ice for 12 of them (8 ES, 4 PK). Bartley is looking like a #6/7 d-man right now and Ellis is a bottom pairing guy with unrealized offensive upside. We no longer have the stocked pipe to the blueline of five years ago. They've all either made the big club, moved on, or busted (sometimes all three ... i.e. Blum).

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote