View Single Post
Old
01-19-2004, 02:55 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Most of the names mentioned in this thread would cost us more then I would want to see us part with.

Morrow - would be a great addition, but his price would be seriously high. I'm sure it would be a price most of us wouldn't want to pay.

Arnott - he honestly scares me. Always been kinda a fan of his but he seems a little injury prone and can disappear for stretchs which would drive the media crazy in Mtl. His asking price would also be too high, imo.

Doan - We would really have to make a huge offer to get this guy. I'm sure Zednik, Komisarek, Bulis and a draft pick would interest the Yotes but personally I wouldn't want to part with that much. Can't see getting him for a Hossa, Rivet and a pick type package.

Pyatt- I would assume if the Sabres were to listen to offers for Pyatt they would want young players/prospects in return and if they felt the package they were receiving didn't far outweigh keeping Pyatt why would they move him? He would cost us too much, imo.

Laraque - Could see us being able to land him but a) I don't think the fact that he has bashed the team in the media makes him a target of management and b) I think there are other teams out there who want him more and would offer more than we would. Just my opinion.

O'Neill - This might be the one guy who BG should maybe make a pitch for. We won't get him cheap, but I bet alot cheaper than a year ago. He would fit perfectly on a line with Ryder and Koivu and really boost our offence, and Carolina might be looking to move him, so...
Don't think his slow year would reduce his value that much mind you. This guy is capable of scoring 35-40 goals a year and Carolina will want to be compensated quite well, and I assume they would have no interest in any player over the age of 26-27.
good post Darz , i agree with you .The only one i could see is O'neil but what they will ask for him ?

but it will be terrific to get him

Zednik Koivu Ryder
O,Neil Ribeiro Dagenais
Bulis Juneau Dackel /ward
Sundstrom Begin /perreault Langdon

Juneau/perreault out at the end of the season to makes room for Plekanec /Balej