View Single Post
Old
12-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Catch-22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalichio View Post
It's part of what I'm saying though, what's the point in trading a UFA for another UFA. In both case you'll lose them at the end of the season. If you are not improving your team what's the point in trading a player with charisma and leadership?

And I agree with your 2nd point, but again, it's a step backward for this year instead of forward ( and could be for more then one year depending on how "nhl ready" the prospect are )

(1) Because it's not bad to trade a high risk UFA for low risk UFA.

(2) With all due respect, this team is not going to win the cup. We are not going to win the cup until we have an offensive core that can put more pucks in the net. This group will make every goaltender look like a vezina trophy winner.

(3) Obviously most of you disagree, but because there is no way in hell this team is going to win the Cup (it's better but not Cup worthy) I would rather get something for Souray than nothing. I like the way Blind Gardien articulated his post and it makes sense, I just don't see it that way.

Mike,
Given your above post (UFA for UFA) , don't you think it's unlikely Edmonton will trade stoll? I think he has a year left after this one. That's another reason I thought Comrie might be a good option.

Last edited by Catch-22: 12-12-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Catch-22 is offline   Reply With Quote