View Single Post
Old
10-28-2013, 02:16 AM
TmX

vCash: 500
As a Canucks fan I would just like to say that so far I like torts and ill explain why:
1. motivation! I have not seen the Canucks play as hard as they do in years. The fact that a lot of their games they come from behind speaks for itself. Few players have also mentioned that AV would just tell the team to concentrate on the next game if they were behind after the second period.
2. involvement with the team and speaking up. AV didn't even go to the dressing room during intermissions.
3. AV would constantly force players to play in positions that they weren't comfortable with. All the canucks fans could see that kesler was better on the wing but for some reason AV kept playing him as a center.(same applies to Edler who played on the wrong side and struggled for most of the season.) Torts seems to get the best out of his players, prime examples are Sontarelli and Richardson.
4. I truly believe that the only reason the Canucks didn't win the SC was because AV got out coached.
I just think it was a good move for both teams, and time will tell what these coaching are going to bring out of both teams.

Good luck with the new coach and the upcoming season.