Old
10-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
I'm gonna have to continue siding with Maple here.

Maybe the reason Voracek is being over looked is because he plays on a team that has Giroux and some other names but Voracek here would instantly be the man. He'd be that offensive player, webs the d, and peks the goalie. the big 3. not to mention we could add in ufa.
If you pursue Voracek with this idea of him in mind you will be overwhelmingly disappointed. This is akin to someone going after Kevin Klein with the assumption that he can run a blueline. It's not that he isn't good at what he does; it just doesn't make him someone you can lean on to that degree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
If anything, playing with Giroux has increased his value. He doesn't hit almost a PPG last season if he doesn't play with Giroux. I think Viqsi's assessment is pretty accurate, he would be a very similar player to Martin Erat, and his stats prior to last season bear out that assessment, a 45-55 point guy, with a little more upside in a great season. Sure, he's still young and capable of development, and it's possible last year wasn't an anomaly, but the statistics bear out that it probably was.
I feel I should point out that said assessment was based less on statistics and more on my being a longtime fan of both players and the teams both of them have spent the bulk of their career on, and thus getting a lot of observation in.

Heck, they're so similar that I was hoping to poach Erat at one point to make up for the loss of Jake...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
so who you got in mind?
The point I was making there wasn't that there were other folks available. The point was that Voracek is not readily available. Ask any Philly fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds101 View Post
Which line does Voracek play on for the Flyers?
Top line, with Giroux and (I believe) Hartnell.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote