View Single Post
Old
10-28-2013, 11:52 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoil View Post
I think i'd support moving this eskimos out of edmonton, I cant stand their organization, incompetent is a compliment to them at this point. just move this hot garbage franchise please so we can stop embarrassing ourselves.
Houston and Seattle don't need teams..

For people my age anyway I can't agree. The Eskimos are indelibly attached and a big part of Edmonton for decades. They were the huge big thing in the 50's and 70's, early 80's when Edmonton didn't have another big thing. When the Esks went to , and won, many Grey Cups the city would stop breathless at the edge of our seats. Even in the past decade as the Oil are continually striking out the org has produced champions.

This team meant everything to the city and I don't think we should forget that either.

Hard times, and I expect better, and I applaud people sending a message by not going to games until they get their **** togethr. But wishing them out of town? That to me does disservice to the history and passion. That would make us Ottawa, or Montreal, sad sack fan bases that won't support a club thick and thin.

AS pissed off as I get I would never want this lineage to fold. That would tarnish the legendary memories. The heroic performers. That would be the saddest thing.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote