Thread: Player Discussion: Luke Schenn
View Single Post
Old
10-28-2013, 11:57 AM
zarley zelepukin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbhockey View Post
I have to saw after watching every game this year this guy looks completely lost. Dreger's article may have been dead on when he quoted an internal source that stated they were worried if Luke can even play anymore. He is a turnover machine. Anytime there is some resemblance of a forecheck he panics and turns the puck. I'm not talking throwing the puck of the boards a la Ryan Parent style but right up the middle or a muffin around the wall the creates scoring chances. People keep on saying "He's young", or "He'll figure it out". He's got 5 seasons under his belt at this point. I don't think a tiger can change it stripes this late in the game. We essentially gave up a top six forward with speed and size for a 6th defensemen. Just look at his minutes. They are hiding him. I'd love to hear other fans thoughts on him.
That's what people said about JVR. I wasn't a big fan of the trade but it's dumb to write off Schenn at his age. Just because a guy starts in the NHL at a young age doesn't necessarily mean he'll reach his ceiling sooner than a guy who spends more time as an amateur, it just means his game was more developed or more suitable for the NHL sooner.

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote