View Single Post
Old
10-28-2013, 11:58 AM
ericmgomes

vCash: 500
I *LOVED* the intensity he brought every game, every practice, every video session- there's something to be said about igniting a flame underneath your players. However, I will say this:

1.) You will *NOT* win a Stanley Cup the way he wanted the Rangers to play. You won't win games by blocking shots and dumping and chasing. Your players get hurt night in and night out while blocking shots, it's not an ideal, long term game plan.

2.) He ranks on his players in interviews and puts them on blast. Listen, as a coach, you can't do that to players. You can't tell the media Hagelin "sucks" on the Power Play, or tell Richards he can't play and use him on the 4th line in the playoffs, and you can't destroy a young kid's confidence like he did with Kreider.

He's a mad man, no doubt about it. I liked that aspect of him, meaning he would do anything to help his players and team win. But his logic sometimes was very skewed.

Also, the Power Play was atrocious. You can't tell Gaborik to go into corners and grind it out when that's not his style. A lot of players, I felt anyway, lost respect for him towards the end of last season. Just my 2 cents.