View Single Post
10-28-2013, 12:07 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
I don't understand why people are so upset at this. How would adding Prospal hurt at this point? It's not like he completely flamed out last year, and I can't imagine he would cost too much. At least he would bring some accountability to a team that's been inconsistent in the effort department.

And someone mentioned him taking away ice time from Kreider. If Kreider was actually playing well enough, I don't think Sather would have reached out to Prospal in the first place.
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I still don't understand the insane ******** over possibly signing Prospal.

He's not useless, will be cheap, brings leadership and character this team REALLY needs, and he's a left wing!

What's the ****ing problem?
It's not about Prospal, it's about the mentality that he represents. I.e., a short term fix based on something familiar. Sather looking for a band-aid instead of addressing the teams real problems with something (or someone) who can be a piece moving forward. The likelihood that Vinny would come in and be a boost for the team is above average, but the likelihood of him being with the team beyond this year is just about zero. That's the kind of thinking that Sather is akin to, and it's why some of us are upset at the idea.

I have nothing but love for Vinny and his tan, but he's a "nice piece" for a cup contender. Not a young team trying to find it's identity.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote