View Single Post
Old
10-28-2013, 01:24 PM
utmfisher19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
All right high end X-O's guys.

Why does our system seem way more conservative this season? Has the conservative Trotz become more conservative or are we truly just seeing all of our offensive guys under performing at the same time?
personally I think we are collapsing way more in the defensive zone. This is causing a plethora of problems. One is our breakout, our forwards aren't stretching their defense what-so-ever. Second is our centers are playing way too low and when the wingers chip out, there is no one in the neutral zone to either gather the puck, or pressure the opposing team's dman with the puck. Third, on our forecheck, we are being a lil less passive in my opinion. We have always sent 2 in and 1 high. But this year, it looks to be more of a 1-2-2 and trying to tighten the game up even more.

I think with the bigger guys we have that don't skate as well (Nystrom, Hendricks, Gaustad, Clune, etc) are causing this. We know it will be tougher to skate through us if we are playing tighter.

This is why I wish Trotz would load up a few scoring lines, let them fly and play an aggressive forecheck and play a tighter-point in the defensive zone. Then have the bottom few lines with guys like Fisher, Hornqvist, Gaustad, Hendricks, Spaling, Nystrom, and Clune that can bang all play a more conservative physical game. But that's just me...