View Single Post
Old
10-28-2013, 05:40 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Its either Torres or Wingles on the 4th line. I like Wingles with Pavelski on the 3rd better.
Wingels is showing currently that he can produce either way. Torres has a good history of very good production on the 3rd line and the chances of the 4th line playing 10 minutes a night is very slim. That's just not how they're utilized. The big reason Torres won't be on the 4th line is because he won't have much, if any, opportunity to be used on special teams. Wingels will be. However, I don't really think Wingels and Pavelski will be a good line long term.

If plans are to put Havlat and Pavelski together, I'd rather have a quality secondary finisher and first forechecker like Torres whereas Wingels really only fills the first forechecker category as he's not a good finisher at this stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkytalk View Post
my vote(not that it counts for anything) would be either torres or kennedy on 4th line.
Well until both Burns and Havlat comes back, I don't think Wingels has to worry too much. I'd rather do Wingels on the 4th line just because he's already shown that he can be productive with either Pavs or Sheppard-Desi. Torres was a monster with Pavelski last season and I think they ought to pursue that further especially if Havlat or Hertl is going to be there as well to make it more dynamic.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote