View Single Post
Old
12-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
I'm worried to be honest. This team wins because of it's exceptional special teams, but how long can we rely on them? We take far too many stupid and lazy penalties, and I feel until we are more disciplined and play better 5-5 and get that 2nd line going, we may get into a bit of trouble if the special teams go into a slump, which will probably happen at some point. Right now, only the 3rd line, Komi and Markov are playing well at even strenght and that is disconcerting to say the least.
I don't want to sound overly cheerleading but with Jarvis, Carbo and Muller behind the bench, I don't think our special teams' success is an accident and am not worried they can keep on top of things and avoid prolonged slumps for the remainder of the season.

Even then, I think we've been playing our best 5-on-5 hockey of the year in the last 5 games. We've really tighten up defensively, our defense - offense transition has improved by leaps and bounds and the forecheck really seems more consistent. Not saying it's perfect, but if we keep playing like this, we should be all right. Especially if Huet can shake this mini slump he's in and get back to top form.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote