View Single Post
Old
10-29-2013, 12:15 PM
SavageSteve

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Prior to the beginning of the year, if you were asked if being in the middle of the league in points, and by middle I mean the top half of the league (we were 15th yesterday, haven't looked this AM) would you have considered it a success? Especially after factoring in losing Josi, Fisher, and now Rinne for multiple games?

As a fanbase, we have to come to grips with reality. It is nice to want and to expect to boatrace everyone and have shutouts every game, and score 10 goals a game and have no mistakes from the bottom pair and hat tricks from the 4th line, but that isn't this team.

Anyone who expected us to be higher right now isn't being realistic. A few fortunate bounces we could be, but a few fortunate ones we didn't get we could be hanging out with Buffalo in the cellar.

And one last thing about that beating by the Blues---40 mins of that game we were ok. A 10 min meltdown caved the roof in. Also, it was the 6th game in 10 nights. That is brutal. I am surprised they played as well vs Minnesota and Winnepeg earlier in the week. Watch, they will have legs again after a few days off.
+1/ditto/this emulates my thoughts closely/whatever

Typically, since the new ownership took over, the team always seems to play .500 till about early December when the system is ingrained and players can predict their teammates actions/placement on the ice with reasonable expectation of success. Doesn't seem to matter whether or not there was a significant roster turnover. The ebb and flow seem the same annually like crops.

If in January we still have major problems... then by all means put the coaches on the hot seat. Till then, I will just keep things in perspective and hope to not see the same mistakes twice...

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote