View Single Post
Old
10-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Trotz is phenomenal at getting the most of a mediocre roster, but hasn't proven that he can take a great roster to the next level (The Forsberg year, two years ago, etc.).

This year, we started with a mediocre roster, lost our #2D to injuries, then lost our (probably) best C for quite a few games, and now lost a top 3 goalie in the world. And we're at .500 so far. I'm not Trotz's biggest fan, but he gets so much out of so little. Outside of Tippett, no one in the NHL does a better job of it. As long as we have a mediocre roster, so about two years at least, I see no reason to get rid of Trotz. We can re-evaluate then.

As for Poile, I am a much bigger fan of him that most here are, but I do think his tenure is coming close to an end, but I see him retiring before he is fired. I would guess he sticks around for 2-3 more years before he and Fenton switch positions, with Fenton becoming our new GM (I truly believe he is being groomed for the spot whether Poile is fired or retires) and Poile staying on for a couple years as an AGM/advisor.

I really think Trotz and Poile come as somewhat a package deal. Could be 100% wrong, but I have a feeling when one goes, the other will follow soon after.

Top 6 Spaling is online now   Reply With Quote