Thread: Fast Sent Down
View Single Post
10-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Crazed Beaver
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by theFiGS View Post
I suggested a full rebuild with all the kids up mixed with Callahan Hagelin stepan Richards Nash and I got slammed but I don't get what people on this board want. We play the kids they'll finish with a top pick we play with these vets we get a top pick either way. I wanna see kreider miller fast lindberg kristo up now and trade away the spare parts we have for picks
Purely from a selfish standpoint i'd love to see them all up now as well but I guess im not the typical fan. Considering how many minutes pyatt gets and even power play time im at a loss to even attempt to understand the current line of thinking so if thats the solution then we have no shot. I can get behind a soft team that is icing a bunch of kids because players grow into their roles and need to develop. What I have a problem with is veteran players unwilling to take the body and lacking the ability to finish filling top six roles. Its hard to make a mark offensively with boyle, pyatt etc as linemates yet our kids are somehow susposed to produce with these guys in order to earn more playing time. Kreider was the best ranger on the ice last night which was possible only because he was getting top line minutes. I dont care what anyone says, kreider has arrived. He always had the skill he needed opportunity and patience and finally he is flashing consistent. Playing miller at center is another step in the right direction. Id like to see Pou-miller-fast for third line.

Simply put we're ****ed because our kids arent quite ready and their replacements are in over their heads. I think the rangers are a legit contender for the cup when healthy. Like you, I take a lot of enjoyment watching the kids and given the current situation it couldnt be worse. I dont need the rangers to win to enjoy the season given the fact i really like the crop of kids, I just dont like watching the jags treading water. Their were many of these same posters on this board saying kreider should be in the AHL and their was merit to that view but the kid is here to stay and why not show some of the same faith in some of the other kids? Im not sure i want gernander developing them anyway, most of them are 21/22/23 its not like they are eighteen year olds.If we wont play them now we never will. How much more water do we need to take on before we head for shore?

Last edited by Crazed Beaver: 10-29-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Crazed Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote